First Time Grants
Visionary Women supports organizations and programs which advance the status of women and girls. Grants are available for program support, but not for general operating expenses or capital projects at this time. Priority is given to programs in the areas of education, housing and homelessness, the arts and human rights.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, organizations must be:
- Tax-exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(3)
- Providing programming specifically targeted to women and/or girls
- Operating in either the Los Angeles area or a developing country.
To maximize the effectiveness of our grantmaking, we focus on the following criteria:
- Clearly articulated anticipated outcomes: We are looking for applicants who can clearly articulate the outcomes expected from the program for which funding is sought, have clear and feasible strategies to achieve their goals, and have the ability to provide feedback and information on the impact of our grant.
- Capacity: We are looking for applications from organizations that have consistent financial health, a strong leadership team and experience in delivering the services proposed for funding.
If you would like to apply for a first time grant, please complete our Grant Application Form below. If you have received a prior grant from Visionary Women and are applying for a repeat grant, please refer to the Repeat Grants section of the website.
All grant recipients are expected to submit a year-end report, including the following information:
- How were the funds used? Please provide a summary.
- Through the use of grant funds, were you able to fulfill the intended goal(s)? What were the program’s major accomplishments?
- How did the grant assist the population(s) your organization serves?
- What is the likelihood the project will continue and/or grow?
- Please also include any particular success stories we can share with our members.
Year-end reports can be attached in the form below. Thank you!