Michele Ruiz is a three-time serial entrepreneur, keynote speaker, former Emmy® Award-winning TV news anchor, mom, and best-selling author.
Michele’s passions range from mitigating unconscious bias using scientifically validated methodologies to exploring leading-edge technologies to developing and undertaking new business ventures. She is also deeply immersed in empowerment, diversity and inclusion, and sophisticated communication strategies.
Michele’s several ventures include co-founding BiasSync, a science-based technology company designed to help organizations effectively assess and manage unconscious bias in the work environment.
BiasSync’s founding belief is that helping people become conscious of their unconscious biases allows them to make more informed, intelligent daily decisions. Michele’s two cofounders—and the entire BiasSync organization—understand that helping individuals learn more about themselves through a data- and evidence-driven process ultimately makes us all better humans.
Michele is also the founder & CEO of Ruiz Strategies, which develops and executes transformational communications strategies for major companies around the globe. The consulting firm is responsible for helping organizations maximize today’s most powerful and effective communication strategies to effect meaningful change management and employee engagement to enhance diversity and inclusion goals.
Michele’s client roster includes:
- Fortune 500 companies
- Government agencies
- Major professional services firms
Previously, Michele founded SaberHacer.com, a bilingual expert based “how-to” educational broadband site for US Hispanics online. She launched the video on demand site to provide quality information for U.S. Hispanics when she determined there was a void of culturally relevant content for Hispanics. Her mission has always been - do what she can to help people and change lives.
Ruiz Strategies is a certified minority-owned (MBE) and woman-owned (WBE) business headquartered in Los Angeles, California with operations in Washington, D.C. and Houston, Texas.
Michele’s deep entrepreneurial experience has been foundational in her quest to educate, inspire and empower business owners. Her online mentoring program, Possibility Architect©, is for female entrepreneurs determined to scale their businesses over $1 million in annual revenue with corporate and government clients and is based on her own experience and success.
Previously, Michele founded her first company, SaberHacer.com, a bilingual expert based “howto” educational broadband site for US Hispanics online. She launched the video on-demand site to provide quality information for U.S. Hispanics when she determined there was a void of culturally relevant content for Hispanics. Her mission has always been – do what she can to help people and change lives.
Michele has been a member of the Association of Transformational Leaders since 2016.
A prominent keynote speaker on a variety of topics, Michele inspires and motivates her audiences with singular, compelling storytelling skills —all drawn directly from her own life experiences. Some of the topics Michele speaks about include business communication, unconscious bias, entrepreneurship, leadership, and empowerment.
Michele has been interviewed and quoted by major news organizations including CNN, The New York Times and others. Michele shares content through her many communication outlets—blogs, videos and more—with nearly 100k followers across all channels.
Michele’s first book, Content Marketing for Lawyers was published in 2016. The bestselling book helps attorneys use powerful content marketing and social media strategies that Michele has developed for her Fortune 20 corporations to attract more clients and become a legal thought leader. “It may well be the most valuable business development book you will ever read,” is just one of the many reviews of the book.
Among her many accomplishments, Michele is:
- An award-winning broadcast journalist with KTLA and KNBC
- A 5X Emmy® winner—and 16X Emmy® nominee • A 4X Golden Mike winner
- A recipient of multiple LA Press Club Awards • A Business Woman of the Year, according to Latina Style Magazine
- A published author
- An honoree of the International Women’s Entrepreneurial Challenge
- Michele Ruiz anchoring with Carlos Amezcua, KTLA Morning News
- A City of Los Angeles commendations recipient for “Outstanding Citizenship for Civic Contributions” and “Dedication to the Community”
- A 2014 Enterprising Woman of the Year
- A Board of Trustee of the ArtCenter
- A Cal State Fullerton’s Vision and Visionaries award recipient given to titans in business, science, education, communications, and the arts, bringing to the forefront, the achievements and philanthropic efforts of Cal State Fullerton’s graduates.
- A member of the Executive Advisory Committee for Women Impacting Public Policy
- An advisor to Macy’s Executive Leadership as a member of the retailer’s Supplier Diversity Advisory Council
- An advisor to the US Golf Association focused on diversity and inclusion initiatives You can keep up and connect with Michele on her website, MicheleRuiz.com and social media. FOLLOW